Friday, February 21, 2014
Creating a DIIGO account V.S Scoop.it account
Scoop.it and DIIGO are both useful sites. They differ in a few ways, and the purpose of each site are similar in my eyes, yet different. On the Scoop.it site you can highlight text in saved articles and also use multiple tags. You will not appear in comments on this site by copying and pasting from the original article. You can follow other's using Scoop.it, and they can follow you, but you can not comment on their site. You are offered an overwhelming amount of suggestions for related articles as well. I like Scoop.it because it is a good way to keep track of articles you find useful. I also like the set up of the website and enjoy curating new topics of my own. I would continue to use this site for the education field.
On the DIIGO site you can also highlight text in saved articles and use multiple tags. I am unsure when you would appear in comments from an articles site. I do not think others can comment on my site. You can follow others, and others can follow you! You are not given any suggestions for related articles, but in a way this is nice because this site is more for bookmarking sites you find of interest, not others. I would possibly continue using this site instead of bookmarking. You can categorize things very easily, and I like tagging. Both sites a neat in different ways!
Labels:
connected teaching,
cool sites,
curating,
DIIGO,
Scoop.it
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Over time you may find that one or the other best suits your needs.
ReplyDelete