Wednesday, February 9, 2011

EXE375 Using Technology

What I found very interesting today is how important it is that I become more "technology savy" for my students sake. Even if I do not used technology very much it is still important to know. I realized by coming up with creative ideas using technology students could enjoy learning. Like, how we checked out if we had facebook years ago. It was fun to look at. Technology is just going to keep growing so it it important as teachers we are able to incoorporate technology into the classrooom in many different ways. Our students are goin to be technology natives, where we are technology immigrants. We as teachers need to become technology natives because this is mostly what children are today. By using technology in the classroom we can learn more about our students and use different technologies to make learning more enjoyable.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure we can ever be natives....we can only learn to "look like" and maybe "act like" natives. Since we didn't all grow up with it we will only ever be "immigrants". Glad our first in person class got you thinking...

    ReplyDelete