- Using Flickr Toys is a great tool for students to become familiar with. You can create so many different projects using this site. "This fun factor makes using English enjoyable for everyone, especially if you combine it with language learning activities." Some of these tools include bubble captions for particular photos, CD covers, billboards, I made a motivational poster etc. The motivational poster I thought was a good way for students to become excited about learning. They could make a motivational poster for themselves and possibly put a picture of something that will help them stay motivated, or a reward they will recieve by making the honor roll or getting a good grade. Using Flickr you can create a class account. This would be very beneficial for the students. They could learn English while having fun on the computer. They could make their own slideshows using information their learning in class, etc. I would definately try to use Flickr in my own classroom. The students would benefit greatly. When your doing fun activities on the computer they some times don't tend to feel like work. The students would become motivated to get a chance to work on the computer, and update their slideshow, or make group projects using this site. Flickr Toys has endless possibilites to use in the classroom. Students could create story slide shows about what they think is going to happen next in the book we are reading, for example. As I stated earlier I created a motivational poster which I thought I could demonstrate how to use to my students. They could create their own motivational poster, which they could look at everytime they used their Flickr account, or we could print them all out and post them around the room for motivation. Some thing fun for the beginning of a new school year. There are a lot more interesting toys on Flickr Toys, I just happened to chose a simple one that students could definately use for an example. The example at the top had a motivational quote at the bottom that read, "Your goals are the road maps that guide you and show you what is possible for your life."-Les Brown, I am still trying to figure out how to make it appear on the "poster." The tools on Flickr are endless for students, and would meet the needs of any students using this site.
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
Using Flickr
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I like some of your ideas for classroom use. I'd love to see what one of your story slide shows could look like.
ReplyDelete