Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Using Google Documents to Collaborate with Other's

Using google documents was some thing I had never used before. It seems crazy that you can collaborate with someone on the same document. I was very anxious to wait for someone else to put their findings on the document. I really like that you can go into the document and edit whatever you would like because I have a pet peeve about grammar and spelling. So, knowing I could read what my partners were typing and just simply fix them in the same document was nice. Google docs could be extremely useful for students. I remember always needing to meet up with people in groups and such outside of school and now you can do it all on the computer. I found it fun to be able to collaborate with others, but also annoying to wait for someone else to post their part of the task. It was like I was wondering if they were ever going to do it. When it comes to typing papers and projects I have to admit I like doing a lot of things myself, so it was hard to adjust that I'd be working on a task with someone, and we had to write. I like doing group projects with people but it becomes difficult when people don't put in the efforts you do.

1 comment:

  1. I hear from a lot of students that group projects often cause anxiety-- but of course you know that as a future special educator, you will likely be working with dozens of professionals (some of whom you can rely on and others you can't). So learning to collaborate, even when you'd rather not is really an important skill. I'm glad you found some redeeming qualities of google docs.

    ReplyDelete